VINCI Energies acquiers Acuntia in Spain from GPF Capital

Acuntia offers Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions and services for telecommunication operators, companies as well as public organizations, and it counts with 25 years experience in the Spanish market.

05/07/2017- VINCI Energies España has reached an agreement subjected to the approval of the Spanish authority of The National Commission on Markets and Competition. with the GPF Capital Investment Fund, for the acquisition of 85% of the Acuntia shares. The remaining 15% shares will remain in the hands of the senior executives of the company.

Acuntia is a leading supplier in solutions and services in convergence IP networks, system and safe applications that are supported by services of consulting, integration, management and outsourcing. It works for companies as well as telecommunication operators and public organisations that wish to deploy ICT solutions that are long lasting and can adapt to their businesses.  It develops network architectures, security and mobility, video, IPTV and collaboration, virtualization and data centre.

With a turnover of 90 million Euros in 2016, and a payroll of around 340 people, Acuntia has its central office in Madrid and has delegations in Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia, Seville, Coruna and Las Palmas. It has also performed projects in countries such as America, Europe, Asia and Africa.

This acquisition makes the implementation of significant synergies possible in areas where VINCI Energies has a powerful implantation such as power or industrial. Acuntia complements perfectly with Axians, the VINCI Energies brand dedicated to the Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs), providing a wide spectrum of solutions and services to attend the necessities of the companies in IT infrastructures and communications. As a global provider, Axians offers high performance solutions in the fields of mobility, cyber security and the cloud.

In Spain, Axians is specialized in infrastructure telecom activities for utilities (Red Eléctrica España, Endesa…) and carriers operators (Vodafone, Orange…).

VINCI Energies Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Yves Meignié said “Following the acquisition of ASAS Systems, leader in handling systems, in May of this year, VINCI Energies is continuing to consolidate its operations in Spain by diversifying its activity sectors and seeking further synergies, particularly in the fields of smart grids and smart cities.”

About VINCI Energies

In a world undergoing constant change, VINCI Energies focuses on connections, performance, energy efficiency and data to fast-track the rollout of new technologies and support two major changes: the digital transformation and the energy transition.

Keeping pace with market change, VINCI Energies supports its customers by offering increasingly innovative solutions and services, from design to implementation, operation and maintenance.

With their strong regional roots and agile organizational structure, VINCI Energies’ 1,600 business units boost the reliability, safety and efficiency of energy, transport and communication infrastructure, factories and buildings.

2016: €10.2 billion revenue // 64,500 employees // 1,600 business units // 52 countries

www.vinci-energies.com

About GPF Capital

GPF Capital is an independent Private Equity firm currently managing a fund of more than €100 million participated by private investors from Spain and 11 Latin American countries. It operates in the Spanish “lower mid-market” segment supporting the best management teams in companies with EBITDAs above €3 million and with clear growth opportunities.

Photo, from left to right: Ignacio Olascoaga, socio fundador GPF Capital, José Manuel Sánchez Mirón, director general Acuntia, Ana Isabel López, directora financiera y administrativa Acuntia, Emilio Cabañas Perianez, director comercial Acuntia, Laurent Clech, director general VINCI Energies España.

Prev Back to the list Next